Monday, April 26, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 43: You're not doing it right

SH: Now I have to do chores at two houses.

Me: What's the other one?

SH: My parents'.

Me: No. The other one beside your parents'.

SH: Ours!

Me: What chores do you have to do here?*

SH: I have to re-caulk the bathtub.

Me: No you don't. I would do it but you don't want me to do it.

SH: Because you wouldn't do it right.

Me: Whatever.**



* I do the cooking and cleaning and yardwork.

** Again, I point out that I owned my house in Memphis for eight years and did all maintenance on that house except electrical stuff,*** including re-caulking the tub. I also repaired the attic fan, replaced two broken windows, and did that thing with fuses when the power goes out.

*** My boyfriend John did some things for me, like install a motion-sensor light on the front porch. He was great.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Why don't you caulk the tub when he's out of town? See how long it takes him to notice...

Class factotum said...

Joan, he said it would take him about two minutes to notice and he's probably right. He is way too observant.