Monday, April 05, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 489: Save big money

SH got me a compost bin yesterday. It was on sale. At Menards. My plan was just to get some chicken wire and attach it to the fence, but this bin. On sale. Menards. It's like heroin to a junkie. SH can't resist.

SH: What's your plan for storing the stuff before it goes into the bin?

Me: I'm just going to keep it in a bowl on the counter.

SH: My parents have one of those little composting bins that they keep next to the sink.

Me: Yeah. Those are disgusting. A bowl. That I empty every day.

SH: But what about winter?

Me: Like the sink thingy would be less disgusting in the winter?

2 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

With you totally on this one. AND the junk mail.

wildstorm said...

We've got a "dirty bowl" under the sink, lined and with a lid. Gets emptied in the compost pile every evening behind the shed next to the garden. It's something I don't forget to do, regardless of the season. Otherwise....my husband grumbles.