Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 858: We might starve, but we'll have clean toilets, or, The Nelson Bunker Hunt of the toilet bowl supplies

Yes. What you see is toilet bowl cleaner. Five bottles of toilet bowl cleaner. Plus one of those overpriced one-use toilet bowl cleaner on a stick thingies in the back. SH bought that way before I ever met him. I would never spend extra money on something like that because I am cheap. I mean thrifty. Yes. I will clean a toilet by hand rather than spend five times as much for something wasteful.


SH has bought all of the toilet-cleaning fluids that you see above. Plus the other bottle in the downstairs basement. The big bottles were on sale at Menards (but you knew that). When SH came home victorious from the hunt, I told him I didn't like that kind of cleaner and had been waiting to use up what was left so I could get something else and would he please stop buying cleaning supplies because I know what I like and I want to make the decisions.

His solution?

Not to return the stuff I didn't like ("It was only 99 cents!") but to get some of another kind.

This is what happens when two control freaks marry each other.

5 comments:

LPC said...

Exactly! I cannot imagine such strong-willed people navigating. I bet you guys are fun to hang out with.

Anonymous said...

How about just spraying a few squirts of Clorox cleaner in the bowl--or a few shakes of Comet cleanser, instead of using a specific toilet bowl cleaner...you save money, space & use products you already have!

Richard in NY said...

Maybe you guys should declare Menards off limits for a few months. Their pricing seems to have you managing their inventory for them.

Class factotum said...

LPC, I hope we're fun and not annoying as heck to other people!

Anon, that's a great idea. In 2020, when I've used up the toilet cleaner we have, I will do that!

Richard, maybe I can get SH to give up Menards for Lent.

Jeff Abbott said...

When civilization falls, I'm heading to your house.