Sunday, May 23, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 31: You are not the boss of me

SH: Look! He wrote "their" instead of "they're."

Me: Whatever. Don't be like your dad.


SH: What do you mean?

Me: I mean don't be petty, mean and didactic over a facebook posting. It's not formal writing. It doesn't matter.

SH: You made a mistake in that spreadsheet you want me to print.

Me: What are you talking about?

SH: You said to meet at "the Smith's" for the block party instead of at "the Smiths'."

Me: Big deal.

SH: My friend Doug thanks me when I correct his mistakes.

Me: I do not thank you. I am not asking.

SH: But you married me. You knew what you were getting. And now you're one of us.

Me: No I'm not.

SH: Is that one of the reasons you wish you hadn't changed your last name?

Me: Yep.

1 comment:

Leag said...

That's fun.

Reminds me of conversations on "who's the Boss" with me wives.

They never could keep it straight so, meself had to be reviewing regular fer 'em.