Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 71: They say it's your birthday

SH: I don't want that much. Just for you to go out with me, bake me a cake, and play an actual game of tennis with me. You don't have to buy me anything.

Me: If I buy you something, can I get out of the rest of the stuff?

SH: You don't want to go out with me tomorrow night?

Me: Not really. But I will.

SH: That's fine. You don't have to. I'll go out by myself on my birthday.

Me: Oh stop all that passive aggressive crap.

SH: I'm not being passive aggressive. I'll go out by myself. On my birthday. Without you. Even though I've done some really nice things for your birthday. I've already told all my friends that you're coming, but I'll go alone. You can stay home.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

GO OUT WITH HIM ON HIS BIRTHDAY!

a) Because it is, after all, his birthday, and b) because then you will have a bargaining chip for future negotiations.

I leave it for you to determine which is the more important reason.