Monday, June 14, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 509: Boundaries

SH: Wait. You let someone pierce your bellybutton but now you won't let me put my finger in it?

Me: Yep.



SH: How come?

Me: That was before I was married.

SH: But that's more intimacy than you let me have.

Me: So?

SH: Any boundaries you let someone else breach before we got married should not apply to me.

Me: Wrong.

SH: I should be able to do anything anyone did to you before we were married.

Me: Nope.

SH: But that's logical!

1 comment:

Michelle Zive said...

My husband is Spanish. He is the most gentle man on the planet, but every once in awhile he asserts his "ownership" of me, like a dog peeing on his territory. Sometimes I find it endearing, other times I find it archaic. Me, caveman, you woman. Mine. No, my dear, mine.