Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 647: Injustice

SH: I weighed myself and I'm only 168 [down from 179]!

Me: What?


SH: I've been exercising* and eating less.**

Me: I exercise more than you do. I do everything you do plus I go to the gym.***

SH: [shrugs as he pours himself a bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats]

Me: I hate you.


* Playing tennis. With me.

** Frozen custard every other night instead of every night, two beers instead of three.

*** And I am in the fat jeans, if you know what I mean.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Yeah, since I've instituted our new way of "eating healthy" I've dropped 7 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks. Beloved dropped that much in the first seven days.

Men. Ptooi on them and their greater lean muscle mass.

Ptolemy said...

I (who lives in that photographed town) have that SAME problem! Why is it no problem for them to stop eating carbs while we crave them from before we pry our eyes open in the morning? I should lose ten pounds just for NOT stopping at the Coffee Shop and getting one their advertised "best doughnuts on the North Shore"... Don't you think so?!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

All men have to do is THINK about losing weight and it happens. We struggle and starve ourselves. They suck.

Michaela said...

yup, ditto y'all. I started going to Weightwatchers: my husband lost 8kg. I call those 'sympathy kilos'. He did not attend even one meeting...