Friday, June 11, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 731: World goods, thee endow, etc, etc

At the hotel, where I realize I have forgotten a razor.

Me: Do you have a razor I can use?

SH: Do you think we should be sharing a razor?

Me: Is there something you need to tell me?

SH: I have a spare.

Me: Fine. Give it to me.

SH: But it's new!

Me: Then give me the old one.*

SH: But I'm not done with it!

Me: So what? Use the new one.

SH: I wasn't ready to start the new one.

Me: The total number of shaves does not change between us, you know.**


* This, by the way, is often our razor strategy at home. Legs don't need the same fine sharpness that faces do.

** Although now that I think about it, we are not optimizing total razor use if he doesn't use his razor as much as possible. I need to think about how to set up this formula.

2 comments:

kristinintexas said...

Huh! That's a good strategy. I'll have to run it by the hubs tonight. Those razor heads are expensive!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I love that he asked if you guys should be sharing a razor. Like you don't share more intimate things...