Friday, June 18, 2010

The meaning of life

I don't care that these shoes do not match anything in my wardrobe. I will find some way to wear them. They were only two beer units,* so it's not like they were a ton of money.

Kim my San Francisco friend might have talked me away from them. I don't know. When we were shopping last week, she gently persuaded me not to get the tacky, sparkly items with beads, fringe and sequins. And the pictures of cats. And leopard prints.

She's a good friend that way. There is always the ungapatcheyed side of me dying to get out. I have to squash it in.

* Lindy, you were right about Elite Repeat. Wow!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Oh... I LOVE those! If you ever decide you can't keep them, send them on to Memphis!

Jen on the Edge said...

Those shoes are awesome. Even I would wear them. And, no I have nothing in my wardrobe that would match.

Lindy said...

Oh, good... I'm glad to liked it!!

sfgirl said...

No, I would have told you to buy those shoes or I would.

Class factotum said...

SFgirl, I'm glad to know that I am not completely off! And now I wish I had snatched those blue Spanish shoes out of that woman's hands.

sfgirl said...

Yes, if not for your encouragement, and the fact that you pointed out that they were $300 new, were never worn, and were only $50, she would have put them back on the shelf. As your friend I should have kicked you to make you shut up and the shoes would be yours today. Next time.........

Richard in NY said...

Those look like they belong in an Austin Powers movie.

Class factotum said...

SFGirl, we need to come up with a code so I don't do anything that stupid again.

Heather said...

I think those shoes are real cute, hope you can find an outfit for them.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.