Saturday, July 03, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 447: In Japan, we pee for accuracy

Me: You owe me. I've gone to Summerfest with you [and put up with obnoxious crowds and horrible and loud music] and we spent an hour arguing about politics today.

SH: What do you mean?


Me: Now you have to do something for me. I want you to paint the porch tomorrow.

SH: Paint the porch? What are you talking about?

Me: Don't give me that! We've been talking about this for weeks! You know exactly what I'm talking about!

SH: No, I don't! We have never talked about painting the porch.

Me: The balcony! Staining and sealing the balcony!

SH: That's not painting the porch.

Me: It is the same class of things! Porch and balcony are both things that protrude from the house and do not have a roof. Painting and sealing involve the same action using a paintbrush.

SH: But you said "paint the porch" and that is not the same as "seal the balcony."

Me: Are you deliberately trying to make me mad?

SH: I am very precise.

Me: Oh good grief. Can't you think in concepts for a change?

2 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Hmmm, are you sure he's not secretly a lawyer??

Class factotum said...

Maureen, he should be a lawyer. That way, he would get to argue, one of his favorite hobbies, for money.

Michelle - I will have to re-post the pedicure story where I almost got a ticket but didn't and I wanted to tell the whole story of how I barely got to the meter in time, even though I was running through the snow in flip flops because hey, it was a good story, but all he wanted to know was did I get the ticket?