Sunday, July 25, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 76: Not the boss of you

At Bonnie and Gary's, on our way to Madeline Island.

SH: I want to go out in the kayak.

Me: OK.

SH: Wait! Where's my swimsuit?

Me: I don't know.

SH: I didn't pack it! Why didn't you tell me?

Me: Me? I'm not in charge of your packing.

-----

Me: Are you going to take a shower?

SH: Yes.

Me: Should I leave my shampoo in the shower?

SH: Is it that gold-digger shampoo that makes your hair brown?

Me: Yes.

SH: I don't want to use that! Why didn't you pack regular shampoo?

Me: This is what I use. You should have packed your own.

SH: But when I travel, I just use the shampoo in the hotel. You should have reminded me!

Me: I'm not the boss of you.

2 comments:

Heather said...

LOL!! My hubby would be lost if I didn't remind him of things.

wildstorm said...

As would mine. I don't think he would survive without my many reminders and directives and and....