Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 432: Agree to disagree

The ferry landing in Bayfield to Madeline Island.

Me: I'll be gone for two days of the week you promised not to talk about politics,* so those days don't count.

SH: Oh yes they do.

Me: No! We agreed not to talk about politics for a week, but if I'm not here, it takes no effort on your part.

SH: Then I am going to pick the days. A day here and a day there.

Me: That makes no sense.

SH: Oh yes it does. Either it's a continuous week or it's not.

Me: Oh shut up.




* He agreed not to talk about politics, I agreed to play a tiebreaker in tennis. I hate tiebreakers, I hate deuce, I hate ambiguity. Either you play for a fixed time or to a fixed score, but this nonsense of having to win by two points or two games or two sets or whatever it is is ridiculous. Tennis: the game that never ends.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I agree tennis is an never ending game! Good luck with the no politics, it might help to NOT watch the news.