Monday, August 30, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 452: Gold-digging man


Me: What if I get that job? Then you could quit [and quit whining about being so stressed out]. What would you do with all your free time?

SH: I don't know.

[Discussion ensues of lunching, going to the gym, book club, goofing off]

Me: You would take over running the house, right?

SH: I suppose.

Me: Well, the person who doesn't have to work for money has to do the laundry and the cooking and clean the bathroom and cut the grass.

SH: I wouldn't garden.

Me: That's a hobby. But I would expect supper on the table when I get home. And a clean house.

SH: Maybe I could do that.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Can you tell us about "that job" or does that jinx your chance of getting it?

Class factotum said...

Lindy, it's just a strand of spaghetti thrown against the wall - a data manager job at a local manufacturer. I need to keep in practice applying for jobs just in case SH goes postal one of these days.

Heather said...

Well, if you can get all that out of him, I'm going to need you to give my hubs lessons!! LOL!