Sunday, August 22, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 481: For better or for whining, #558


What it's like at our house when I have a headache. I don't get sick - haven't, really, since I lived in South America and then spent ten weeks coming home over land and under less than ideal hygienic circumstances and yes, that means what you think it means and yet I survive, healthy, despite DIRTY HANDS.

Me: [head hurts, head hurts, head hurts, should I take drugs? they don't always work and sometimes the side effects are worse than the headache, head hurts, head hurts, head hurts]

SH: What's wrong?

Me: Nothing.

SH: You're kind of quiet.

Me: My head hurts a little bit.

What it's like at our house when SH gets sick, like a cold.

SH: Why am I getting sick? This is not fair!

Me: [shrug]

SH: WHINE WHINE WHINE!

Me: [shrug]

SH: My throat hurts! I'm congested! [He doesn't actually say that, but clears his throat very loudly and that is the polite way to put it.]

Me: Why don't you take some cold drugs?

SH: NO! [More noise, more whining]

Me: I'm going to the library.

1 comment:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Oh, you're funny.
I get headaches too, and you're right; the worse they are, the more quiet I get.