Thursday, August 05, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 694: For better or for lost

SH: Where are my sunglasses?

Me: I don't know.

Another Lake Superior moonrise.

SH: I put them in your purse last night at tennis! They're not in there now.

Me: So?

SH: You're not supposed to take them out of your purse without telling me.

Me: If you put them in my purse, you're in charge of them. You have to figure it out.

SH: No! You accepted them.

Me: Nope. You trespassed. I never agreed to take them.

SH: You agreed when you married me. That's part of marriage.

Me: I don't remember saying that you would have permission to dump whatever you wanted in my purse and that I would have to be in charge of it in the vows.

SH: It's implied.

3 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

This is so funny and so true. Men can never find any kind of glasses. Roseanne Barr always said they think the uterus is a tracking device.

Joan said...

You're lucky. The very young male of the species puts much worse things than sunglasses in his mother's handbag.

Heather said...

LMAO! I think everything is implied with them!