Monday, September 13, 2010

Buy now or be sorry later

Don't regret things you didn't buy. We bought brown bread ice cream at this mill museum in England. SH thought, Well that's good ice cream maybe I should get some more. Then he decided no, he was full. We would find more brown bread ice cream at our next stop. But we didn't. And we couldn't find brown bread ice cream on our next trip to England, even though we stopped at every single ice cream shop we saw. He has been regretting not getting another cone for four years, people. FOUR YEARS. When you find something you like, buy it twice.

Go to this great Divine Consign sale at the Elm Grove Women's Club, 13885 Watertown Plank Rd and find the things I did not buy, like the purple suede Kate Spade heels that would have gone perfectly with the gray wool dress I bought two days later. Or the red Hobo purse that was indeed leather.

You get to go starting Thursday at 9:00 a.m. through Saturday at 3:00. I will go early on Wednesday evening so I will get all the good stuff first, just like when I was in the Junior League in Memphis and volunteered at the thrift shop. Many items never made it out of the back.

This time, I'm buying the shoes and worrying about what they go with later.

1 comment:

Fijufic said...

I'm not much of a shopper but I confess to regretting not buying a few things...