Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 305: Everyone's talking


SH: So it's OK for you to listen to strangers talk about politics but you don't want to talk about politics with me?

Me: No! I told you I don't want to talk about politics!

SH: But we're not talking about politics. We're talking about talking about politics.

Me: I don't want to talk about this and you promised yesterday [in exchange for an extra three games of tennis] that we would have a politics-free week.

SH: We're not talking about politics. We're talking about talking about politics and that's not covered by the ban.

Me: Don't talk to me.

2 comments:

Fijufic said...

I like your style. I have two politicians as friends and I never discuss politics with them ever.

They are so stressed out about it!!!!

A Politics free zone, I like it.

How are we with religion?

Bobby

Proprietor said...

You are a constant source of amusement to me... (As if there is no higher calling... Nonetheless...)

Keep it up...