Thursday, September 02, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 758: Because you do it so much better

For drinking, not for peeing.

SH: Where are the cats?

Me: I don't know.

SH: But what if something's happened to them?

Me: I don't care.

SH: But where are they? [Begins throwing open doors, looking under the bed, in the bathtub, etc. Finally goes into the basement, where he finds not the cats but a suspicious liquid on the floor.]

SH: Oh no!

Me: What?

SH: Either water is leaking into the basement or one of the cats peed on the floor.

Me: Which is it?

SH: I don't know! I'm not close enough.

Me: So get close enough.

SH: It's pee.

Me: OK.

SH: But I don't have time to clean it up.

Me: Yet you have time to look all over the house for our cats who live indoors and go outside only on a leash.

No comments: