Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 392: Mutton, lamb, it's all leathah


Me: Should I get these [patent leather cherry red never worn Doc Martens that I saw at the consignment store for $45 after selling some old jewelry for $45 which has got to be A SIGN never mind that I just bought the red cowboy boots last week and I already have hiking boots]?

SH: They look like they're for a - a younger person.

Me: I was sort of thinking that.

SH: Like Cindy [our friends' hip 29 year old daughter].

Me: You're probably right.

SH: They're shoes for people who call everyone "Dude."

Me: You mean PWCED?

SH: That's right.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, he was at least trying to be diplomatic and not say something like "You're too old to wear those!" Which, incidently, I don't think you are. I mean, yeah, a younger person could wear them, but you could give them your CF flair! :)

Jen on the Edge said...

I'd get them!

Anonymous said...

Get them!!!!