Thursday, September 30, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 420: Whine improves with age


Me: Stop whining.

SH: I'm a whiner.

Me: You don't have to be.

SH: You embrace my being a whiner.

Me: No. I don't. I tolerate it, as in I put up with it. That's what tolerate means, you know. To put up with. Not to embrace and approve of. Put up with.

SH: You knew I was a whiner when you married me. You're trying to change me. A relationship will fail if one person tries to change the other.

Me: I'm not trying to change you. I want you to change yourself.

SH: You're used to my being a whiner and you still love me. Why should I change?

1 comment:

yellowsnapper said...

The epic battle continues. I would be happy if I would just stop finding dirty socks stuffed between the couch cushions. His answer to this is "stop looking."

Men.