Monday, September 27, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 503: A man for all desserts


SH: We don't have enough chocolate in this house.

Me: There's an entire chocolate drawer in the refrigerator.*

SH: I mean like chocolate cookies.

Me: There are chocolate graham crackers in the basement.

[thump, thump, thump]

SH: Hey! These have high fructose corn syrup in them!

Me: Then don't eat them.

SH: [silence]

Me: I mean it. Are you a man of your principles or not?

SH: [silence]

Me: PUT THEM DOWN!

SH: I'm going to eat them anyhow.


* Everyone has a chocolate drawer, right? And a bin full of Nutella and chocolate peanut butter in the basement, next to the leftover M&Ms from Halloween that yes, I totally intend to use this year because do kids notice if candy is a year old? No they do not.

4 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

You have a chocolate drawer? I need to start pricing flights to come visit...

Fijufic said...

My wife is a candy freak and I find little (or big) stashes of candy all over the house...

Class factotum said...

Jen, you mean you don't have a chocolate drawer?

Fijufic, does your wife have the stashes for her convenience or to hide the candy from you?

Anonymous said...

In our house of 7, we have tried to keep a chocolate drawer. It's no use--it's always empty.

Suzanne from Oklahoma