Friday, September 24, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 520: My freakout vs SH's freakout


What makes SH freak out:

Dropping something that does not break or something that does break. Either kind of dropping prompts a freakout.

A tiny scratch on the car.

The basement flooding.

A wet newspaper.

A cat throwing up.

Spilled milk.

Anything that is against perfect order but that can be repaired or re-established easily.

What makes me freak out:

Getting my new migraine drug, Lyrica, in the mail from the mail order pharmacy and discovering that I have been charged a $100 co-pay. The co-pay on every other drug I have taken in the past ten years has been $20.

And guess what? You cannot return drugs to the pharmacy for your money back, even if the package is unopened. Thank you, Congress, for saving me from myself. Like I didn't have something else to use that $100 on. Like red boots.

SH's reaction to $100 drugs is to shrug and point out that he spent more than that on wine last week. Which does not make me feel better.

2 comments:

MrScribbler said...

Maybe if you had spent $100 on wine you wouldn't feel as bad about the $100 co-pay on Lyrica. Heck, maybe you wouldn't have even needed the pills! At least 'til the next morning, anyway....

Lindy said...

I hope the Lyrica helps!! Sometimes high co-pay drugs are worth the price.