Thursday, September 23, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 552: I am not your secretary, or, You're not doing it right again


Me: I made a haircut appointment for you on October 29.

SH: That won't work.

Me: But it's six weeks from your last haircut.

SH: It has to be engineered properly. I don't really want it every six weeks, I want it eight times per year.

Me: ??

SH: That way, it doesn't fall during Summerfest.

Me: ??

SH: If you do it every six weeks, it doesn't divide well. Eight times a year comes to every six and a half weeks.

Me: ??

SH: Early November, late December, early February, late March, early May, late June, and so on.

Me: FINE! I won't make any more appointments for you!

SH: But it's too much trouble for me to make appointments!

4 comments:

Heather Griffith Brewer said...

OMG! My husband is so guilty of this kind of thing. He hates calling for appointments or to get information of any kind. Makes me insane because it's either the wrong time, or I didn't ask the questions HE needed to know the answers to.

Anonymous said...

How do you two keep from killing each other???

Class factotum said...

Anon, SH is a hottie. What can I say?

Gaylin said...

Tell him to figure out when he wants the appointments, scheduled the appropriate length of time apart. Mark it on the calendar and then - maybe - you will remember to make his appointments!