Sunday, September 19, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 630: The hiding away blues


SH: Where's that pouring spout thingie?

Me: I don't know.

SH: Where did you put it? [Opening every single drawer in the kitchen.]

Me: I don't think I put it anywhere.

SH: Where is it? Is there a general catch-all place for kitchen gadgets in here?

Me: I don't remember ever putting it away.

SH: I can't find it! [Opening all the cupboards.] Where did you hide it?

Me: I don't think I was ever in charge of it.

SH: Oh. Here it is. [In the high cabinet with all his wine stuff. A cabinet that I DO NOT TOUCH BECAUSE I DON'T DRINK WINE AND I DON'T TOUCH HIS WINE STUFF.]

Me: You mean it's there where you put it?

SH: It's got to be your fault somehow.

1 comment:

LPC said...

It's our job to be the root cause of all optimization failures. Tell SH I said that. He just may nod his head, ruefully.