Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 220: You can run, but you can't hide


Me: But I know sort of where the cookies are.

SH: How? You went into the bathroom while I got them out.

Me: Duh. Logic. I had already looked in the easy places before I asked you to get one for me.

SH: You looked for them?

Me: Of course! I only asked you as a last resort! They're up high, higher than I can see, but you don't need the stool to get to them.

SH: How do you know that?

Me: Because when you were getting them out, you were talking to me and your voice was tight because your head was tilted back.

SH: Um.

Me: Am I right?

SH: Maybe.

Me: But they are not so high that you had to get the stool out.

SH: If you find them, you can't eat mine [the ones without nuts].

Me: I won't. I don't like them that way. I like the nuts. Otherwise, they're too sweet.

No comments: