Friday, November 12, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 532: The clothes wouldn't have fit


Me: Look at these shoes! [drawing of high-heeled leopard print shoes, not unlike my fabulous teal leopard print shoes with the tangerine ribbon that you can see above]

SH: You should have seen the shoes my co-worker was wearing in Dallas!

Me: Good shoes?

SH: They were these fur spotted high heels. You would have liked them.

Me: She's an engineer?

SH: Well, an applications engineer.

Me: An engineer?

SH: She has a really good sense of style.

Me: But with good shoes?

SH: She's Cuban.

Me: That explains everything.

2 comments:

Joaquin said...

Those shoes are smoking hot.
Oh yeah! I was born in Havana!
I really was!

Class factotum said...

Joaquin, we went to Boston a few years ago. I hung out on Mass Ave near Harvard while SH worked. I noticed that the women were pretty frumpy: sloppy t-shirts, Birkenstocks, unshaved legs.

Then I saw two young women who were knockouts. Their hair was done, they were wearing makeup, and they had on nice clothes and high heels. As I got closer, I realized they were speaking Spanish and then it all made perfect sense! When I lived in Miami, I almost never saw a Cuban lady without her lipstick and nice outfit, even at the grocery store.