Friday, November 19, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 536: Charwoman


As we are packing for our trip. Yes, we are leaving on Sunday for a ten-day use the frequent flier miles, use the hotel points, and use the vacation before they all expire jaunt to Paree, where the scourge of Gomez will be banished from my mind. Out with the bad Paris Boyfriend memory, in with the Good Husband Paris memory. I am pretty sure SH will not drink an entire bottle of wine every day at lunch, change into his Frette pajamas, take a four hour nap, then drag me to either 1. The Gap, 2. his bank or 3. the Ferrari dealer before we return to his cousin's apartment in the 7th for a supper of Belgian endive and another bottle of wine in front of the TV.

Me: I'm taking 7 pairs of underwear [a singular word that you can't make plural with an "s"]. I can wash them in the sink.

SH: If I take these [slinky boxers that would dry overnight because they are poly and not cotton, although there is always the option of draping them over the radiator, if our room has one], will you wash them?

Me: No! Wash them yourself!

SH: But I don't wash underwear.

Me: Why not?

SH: It's like I don't do windows.

Me: Too bad. We'll be on vacation. You'll have the time.

SH: You mean if you were already washing your underwear, I couldn't just throw mine in there,t too?

Me: FINE. Whatever.


PS I will post the rest of the van wreck story once everything is resolved with the van guy. It's a good story.

6 comments:

LPC said...

I wish you the absolute best of trips.

Teresa Morris said...

I just left Paris a few days ago after spending a week there to celebrate my 40th, and had a wonderful trip. I have no doubt yours will be better than last time. Eat crepes and a ton of cheese and everything will be just fine.

Hope you and SH have a blast!

Joy said...

You will not have to wash your underwear every night, though, as you are wisely bringing 7 pairs. If SH only brings one pair, he can't just throw it in with your laundry every night, since you won't have laundry every night.

Have a wonderful time. Go to La Bourse ou la Vie at 12 Rue Vivienne in the 2nd. Amazing steak frite. The pepper sauce makes me tear up a bit just thinking about it.

Queen of Crafts, Current Events, and Such. said...

I would rather take extra underwears(lol)....and ditch them then take extra shirts and such.
Have fun ...You can tell that you two have fun together....

Lindy said...

Oh, you lucky duck. I hope you have a wonderful time! I agree with the woman who says bring old undies and throw them out as you go. Who wants to do laundry in Paris?

Lindy said...

Oh, you lucky duck. I hope you have a wonderful time! I agree with the woman who says bring old undies and throw them out as you go. Who wants to do laundry in Paris?