Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 560: He who does not work shall not eat


SH: When are you going to get famous?

Me: I don't want to be famous. I just want to be rich.

SH: Let's define 'famous.' Not a household name, but recognized by your peers. Jeff is that kind of famous.

Me: OK. Here's what I want. A book contract that would lead me to write a book that would make enough money that you could quit working and would gain me the admiration of my peers and the envy of my enemies.*


* Not that I have enemies. That I know of. But you know - the mean girls from 7th grade. Them.

3 comments:

Fijufic said...

Mean girls from 7th grade will haunt you forever...

John0 Juanderlust said...

Your fame is inevitable so you may as well quit putting it off.

seaspark said...

re: Mean girls from seventh grade

That's what Facebook is for.