Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Paris 4: The food

Our lunch of steak tartare and of faux filet, rare, which is almost tartare except not nearly as tender, which was fine because I ate the cooked edges and gave the rest to SH. Who needs 7 ounces of meat at lunch anyhow?

But maybe some raw beef will help my skin grow back on my heels, where it was removed in just one mile of walking in the Doc Martens, which I thought were broken in, but apparently were only Milwaukee broken in and not Paris broken in. Unlike at home, though, I could not remove them and walk barefoot as 1. it is very cold here and 2. we were in the sewer museum (which is nowhere near where google maps says it is, not that I should be surprised at the poor performance of google maps, given the England Disaster of Ought Nine), which does not seem like the best place to be barefoot.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Obviously you need to invest in a GPS with international maps. Although we've never left the country with ours, I can tell you it's a sanity-saver!

Fijufic said...

My doc' martens are 14 years old and they still crush my feet if I walk distance in them.

My running shoes are also my best walkers..

Cheers,
Bobby

Jen on the Edge said...

I'm sorry to hear about the Docs. Perhaps this means you need to buy some good French shoes that you can walk in.

Sayya26 said...

I stayed in Paris for a few days as part of a larger trip. We stayed at Ducs d' Anjou...it was TINY and the elevator took a year to reach its destination and did i mention it was TINY?- but it was within walking distance of Notre Dame and the Louvre and shopping :)

I throughly enjoyed what the country had to offer except the snooty pride of some of its natives, and my mother-in-law being pick-pocketed on a train...

Jane said...

Enjoy your trip! I just missed you in Paris (I returned to Sevilla on Sunday)... que lastima! Happy Thanksgiving!