Monday, December 13, 2010

Marriage 301, Lecture 493: Anatomy of a crime part 2

Remember that little tiny car accident I had a few weeks ago? I didn't want to write any more about it until everything was resolved. Well, it's resolved. I think.


I strolled casually over to the car.

"What are you doing, sweetie?" I asked SH.

"What happened? Why didn't you tell me? The car is damaged!"

I squinted and looked at the bumper. It was scuffed a bit, but I had thought some spit and rubbing would solve that problem.

"It's cracked!"

I didn't see it, but I am also of the belief that the function of a bumper is to bump and sometimes bumpers do not stay factory perfect, especially on 8 year old cars.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"The guy came and knocked on the door! He told me that when he drove the van, the bumper rubbed against the wheel! Why didn't you tell me!"

That stinker! He ratted me out!

"Because he said he was going to fix it and not to worry and I didn't think there was anything to tell!"

SH stomped around the car and did his guy who loves cars emoting.

"Um - are we going to have to pay to repair his car now?" I asked.

"He said he would take it to his mechanic to see if the mechanic could just pull out the bumper a bit," SH said. "He thought the mechanic might do it as a favor or charge $100. He's going to let us know."

"Why didn't you tell me? Wouldn't it have been better for me to hear it from you than from him?"

I answered, "If he had just kept his mouth shut, there wouldn't be anything to tell!"

So now we wait.

2 comments:

Swami Dil said...

I recently was involved in a fender-bender. I don't know why they're called that. Most cars , specially little ones, have bumpers made of fibreglass. They do not bend. They crack. And that lady in the little car shouldn't have come so close to my truck, when I was backing into a parking spot. Her little car just didn't show up in the rear view mirror!

Class factotum said...

SD, I know! There was no bending involved - just breaking and pushing away! They should be called fender breakers.