Sunday, February 06, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 569: An excuse for new shoes


SH: Look at this ad. You can pay $140 for running shoes.

Me: Yep.

SH: Guess I'll need to buy some if I'm going to run that half marathon.

Me: What?

SH: I do have those that I've hardly used. [The last time he went running was 2006. Once.]

Me: Those will be fine.

SH: But then I might need to get some new ones.

Me: I think that one pair that you already have will be just fine.

SH: You replace your shoes fairly often.

Me: Yeah! Every six months! And I go to the gym four times a week and I run!

3 comments:

TosaGuy said...

My last set of Nike Air Pegasus developed a flat and made a little whoosh sound at every step. Zappos often has significant discounts on the ugly colors -- working out is far cheaper if you prefer function over style.

Fijufic said...

Still needs new shoes...UGH!

Jen on the Edge said...

My sneakers usually cost around $100 and they last me 4, maybe 5 or 6 months, depending on how much I'm running. You're supposed to replace them every 400-500 miles and I find that mine are completely shot by 400 miles.