Saturday, February 26, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 685: Sleeping with the enemy

We need a cat picture today.

SH: If I ran for public office, would you vote for me?

Me: Nope. I would not do anything to undermine you ever, but I wouldn't vote for you.

SH: What?!

Me: I don't agree with your positions!

SH: But you wouldn't vote for me just because you love me?

Me: Would you vote for me if I ran?

SH: Of course! You really wouldn't vote for me?

Me: Maybe you could convince me. If you got elected, maybe I could influence your votes and get you to do the proper thing.

3 comments:

Joy said...

You know, I agree with you here. That is, I don't agree with your political views, such as I've gleaned from your blogging, but I completely agree that I couldn't vote for someone whose policy positions I deeply disagreed with, no matter how much I liked the candidate personally.

I do love the fact that you guys have a politically mixed marriage, though. It gives me hope that perhaps on a broader scale, we can all act as people of good faith and find the common ground of custard and cats.

Holly said...

I doubt Maria Shriver voted for her hubby. You are way more awesome than she is.

Average Jane said...

I wouldn't vote for my husband either. Although he might vote for me, just to be supportive. I'm going to try not to think about what that says about me.