Thursday, February 03, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 750: What the meaning of "is" is

I used to think this was a lot of snow. Ha.

Me: Did you see the survey in the paper about if you'd rather watch the superbowl or have sex?

SH: No.

Me: Most women would watch the game. Men are split half and half.

SH: Uh-huh. [He is busy pouring coffee, packing for an overnight to Chicago, and trying to decide if he really really needs to take a shower before he goes - his customer visit isn't until the next day.]

Me: So what would you rather do?

SH: Rather what? [Now he's putting the half and half back in the fridge and then looking for the car coffee mug that I found sitting on the sidewalk at Walgreen's. Yes, I washed it. No, I didn't take it at first. It was in front of my car when I parked and still there 30 minutes later when I left, so I surmised it had been abandoned. Don't look at me like that. It is one of the good metal ones.]

Me: Sex or the superbowl? What would you rather do?

SH: It would depend on who's playing.

1 comment:

Fijufic said...

Truthful answer...