Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 330: Hanging in there


SH: Hey! You took my hanger! [that was perched on the ledge at the top of the stairs by SH's office]

Me: Yeah? So what?

SH: I was going to use that!

Me: Fine. I'll get you another one [from the guest room].

SH: But I don't want this kind [wooden].

Me: What about this [wire] one?

SH: That's not the same! The one you took was thicker!

Me: OK. Here's one that's a little thicker.

SH: No! It's not right!

Me: OK you big baby. I'll get you your hanger.

SH: What did you do with it?

Me: I took it downstairs and used it to hang clothes.

Me [after trip downstairs and back upstairs holding three t-shirts, hanging, that I got at Target for $2.50 each this morning and they weren't even made in China by slave labor]: There. It's one of these three hangers. I don't know which one.

SH: Oh. They all look like this one [that I got him out of the guest room closet]. Maybe this one is OK.

Me: I told you so.

No comments: