Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 399: Why engineers do what they do


SH: I'm thinking of buying this [$139 VOIP thingy].

Me: Why?

SH: We could reduce our phone bill if I made my calls over it instead of with AT&T.

Me: Hmmm.

SH: And look! You can use it for cellphone calls, too! You just connect to the wireless and you can route your calls through it.

Me: But we never go over our [cellphone] minutes.

SH: But it would be cool!


PS Extra points to anyone who can tell me the meaning of the photo. My mother and certain friends who should know who they are are excluded. Let's just say that anyone who knows me in real life is ineligible.

9 comments:

Fijufic said...

use Google voice and you will achieve
the same objective for free...

Tam said...

Is that your garden in Memphis which won the "yard of the month" prize after you wrote a satire piece for the local paper saying that the contest was fixed?

Lindy said...

I'll play. Is this a picture of your Memphis house, where the garden is now overgrown compared to how you kept it?

P.S. I haven't seen anything about a Divine Consign spring sale. Do you know the dates?

Class factotum said...

Fuji, but is that as fancy?

Tam and Lindy - what can I say but wow? I am so impressed! You guys rock. Yes, that is my old house in Memphis with the new garden. The grass has gone to crap even though I paid hundreds of dollars to sod it.

Lindy, the sale starts tomorrow! http://www.divineconsignsale.com/

Tish Jett said...

It's similar to being married to an architect. They can't help themselves.

It's the lengthly explanations that can be a little, hmmm, draining. . .

Class factotum said...

Tish, I know! My husband can't take "yes" for an answer.

BTW, I agree on persimmons. I love them. In fall, I stock up at the Vietnamese grocery store and call my friends to tell them to do the same.

TosaGuy said...

My back yard needs something distinguishable as well as to hide the neighbors and their crappy garage. I have a general plan, but not sure which bushes, shrubs, plants to use.

Class factotum said...

TG, if you were in Memphis, you could plant azaleas or hydrangeas. Here, I don't know what. Some kind of evergreen with an overlay of morning glories in the summer?

TosaGuy said...

Will have to be something that is an evergreen because it will be on a boundary and I don't want to dump leaves in their yard.