Monday, March 07, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 549: Lent


Me: I think I'll give up politics for Lent.

SH: What do you mean?

Me: No talking about it.

SH: But that hurts me! That's not fair!

Me: No it doesn't. It's not like you can't talk about politics with other people. Just not with me.

SH: I don't like it.

Me: It's not like I'm giving up [wxyz], which you can't do with anyone else.

SH: Well. Yes.

Me: I mean, I have my boyfriend for when you're out of town or otherwise occupied, but you're not allowed.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Does it count as a sacrifice if it's something you WANT to give up?

(Sorry, if I remember correctly from my Catholic upbringing, if it feels good it's probably wrong...)

Class factotum said...

Joan, you're right! I want a politics-free life, so giving up politics for Lent is not a sacrifice. I might have to give up reading novels or watching movies. Crap.