Saturday, March 26, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 553: Says the man who was up working until 4 a.m. our first night in Madrid on our honeymoon


SH: If your [new fancy check prices at Sendik's, Pick and Save and Sentry while I'm at the gym] phone isn't here before we leave [for our Thursday-Sunday trip to Memphis to see my Memphis friends and my cousin's new baby - is there such a thing as an old baby?], I guess we'll have just my phone.

Me: Yes.

SH: We might have to share it.

Me: Yes.

SH: I think I'll do something I've never done before.

Me: What's that?

SH: I won't forward the house phone [which also doubles as SH's work phone, as he works from home] to the cellphone.

Me: What?

SH: Yep. I'll just leave a message that I'm on vacation.

Me: Wow!

SH: And then I won't check voicemail until we get home again.

Me: Who are you and what have you done with my workaholic husband.

SH: I'm going to be on vacation.