Sunday, March 06, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 634: He could buy a Porsche and get a mistress instead so I guess I shouldn't complain


SH: Now that I'm going to be canvassing and going to meetings, I'll be taking more showers.

Me: So?

SH: Maybe we can - you know - get busy more.

Me: Because you're taking more showers? Showers so you're presentable for strangers?

SH: It's a side benefit.

Me: But you don't want to shower just to be presentable for me.

SH: No! I just mean we should take advantage.

Me: Uh-huh.

3 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

In our house, my rule is no wxyz unless he's showered. Otherwise, he'd try to skip days, which I'm not a fan of. Also, regular shaving (not daily, but also not weekly)is required, as his beard abrades my skin.

Sayya26 said...

I can't believe I'm adding to this....but usually I prefer wxyz on the days I have to wash my hair....

Class factotum said...

Sayya, my mother can't believe I write about this stuff. But I use code, so it's OK.

Jen, I am more lax than you are, but I do prefer showered. SH doesn't do a lot of manual labor, so he doesn't get nasty. Except when he shovels our elderly neighbor's driveway and then I think he is so sweet and thoughtful that I overlook the sweat.