Saturday, March 19, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 770: Next I'll find revolutionary lipstick on his collar


After a long argument about which is the best route to get home from the restaurant that involves a discussion of whether it's better to have three stop signs vs one stoplight and the expected value of each route, including best and worst case scenarios and the average value and which of us is an optimist about getting to places and which is a realist who actually considers that sometimes there is traffic and don't bring your stress to me Mr Bang on the Dashboard yelling that you're going to be late when I told you that we needed to get going and that devolves into a "You're wrong," "No you're wrong" sniping.

Me: Plus you never leave any slack time for anything. Except this morning. You got your butt out of bed and straight into the shower.

SH: I had to go canvassing.

Me: You have never never taken a shower first thing for anything I wanted to do. You have never done it for me. You love politics more than you love me.

SH: That's not true. I love you.

Me: Ha.

SH: No! But you're stuck with me. And this recall is important.

Me: I sure hope politics loves you back.

SH: So. You want to [wxyz]?

Me: You're joking, right?

No comments: