Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Wisconsin 101: I spit - pah, pah! - on you


At the reading program where I volunteer.

Five year old girl: Hey! You got spit on my face! [If this indeed happened, it was when I was speaking in her direction. I am not usually a spitter.]

Me: Oh I'm sorry!

Girl: It's OK.

Girl: Spit is supposed to stay in your mouth. Not go on me.

Me: You are absolutely right.

Girl: Not supposed to spit on other people.

Me: I know. I know.

Girl: Don't be spitting on me.

Me: I am really sorry.

Girl: I said OK!

2 comments:

John0 Juanderlust said...

Watch out. Sounds like a kid who knows she has the power. Accusation is everything. Better avoid ever being alone with her for even a minute.

Class factotum said...

Not to worry. We all sit on the floor in the library - lots of other adults and kids around. I think I'm safe.