Monday, April 04, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 229: Competition

That is the lunch at the Calvary Episcopal Waffle Shop - the Friday special of fish pudding, which tastes far better than it sounds. Also included are fried potatoes, coleslaw, and cornbread. Yum.

After driving around Memphis for an afternoon.

Me: Oh! That's where that Jamaican restaurant is! Remember when we ate there?

SH: You never ate there with me.

Me: I didn't?

SH: No.

Me: Oh. Maybe I ate there with J [my boyfriend before SH].

SH: See!

Me: Oh! That great Greek breakfast place is up the street. Remember?

SH: No.

Me: Yes you do! We got those really good omelets there.

SH: I never ate there.

Me: Oh. Maybe I ate there with J.

SH: How come you ate at all the good places with J and not with me?

Me: Were you not well fed when you were in Memphis?

SH: No.

Me: Well, then. Stop complaining.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Where's a Jamaican place?!?!?

Class factotum said...

There was a Jamaican restaurant near Brother Juniper's. I don't know if it's still there.