Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 583: Hospital for sinners


After Mass at my former church in Memphis, whose congregation consists of Vietnamese and Mexican immigrants and some homeless people who come to church to get warm, which doesn't really bother anyone. This is the church where SH and I had our pre-marital counseling with Fr Joe, who gave us the same advice he gave to our friends Steve and Megan when they had their counseling.

SH: I didn't shake that guy's [the guy who I think is a homeless man who hangs out at the church] hand [at the sign of peace - a handshake - that Catholics and other denominations do] because his nose was dripping.

Me: Jesus would have shaken his hand.

SH: Jesus was a better man than I am.

1 comment:

Fijufic said...

Hospital for sinners is the line I use all the time...