Friday, May 13, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 521: To bitch or not to bitch


After SH and I are together in the house for the first time in about two weeks (because of my trip to my mom's and his work travel). He is throwing a general freakout because the stupid dehumidifier is leaking and we don't have any pipe cleaners to clean those bendy tubes and where do you buy pipe cleaners, anyhow? The cigar shop down the street does not have them. And because he has all this work to do before his sabbatical starts in ten days and because he has a haircut at 3:30 and that is such a commitment and he wants to take stuff to the post office. And because we are together which is the ideal time to throw a freakout because is it a true freakout if there is nobody to witness your freak?

SH: Hey! You put away all the lunch stuff!

Me: That's because I ate an hour and a half ago, Mr Food Safety Nitpicker.

SH: Well now I have to get it all out again!

Me: You are such a baby. Do you want me to make your lunch for you? Or do you want to do it yourself and bitch about it?

SH: I want to do it myself and bitch about it. It's more fun that way.

1 comment:

John0 Juanderlust said...

Get your cat to catch rats, then use their tails for pipe cleaners. It's a green, biodegradable solution. Win win win, if you ask me.