Monday, May 09, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 651: Next, it's a chartered jet


After I returned home from a five-day visit with my mom.

Me: You did laundry!

SH: Yes.

Me: Did you hang the clothes on the line?

SH: No. Just my shirts. I put them on hangers and put them outside.

Me: What did you do with the rest of the stuff?

SH: Put it in the dryer.

Me: But!

SH: Yeah, I know I am the environmentalist and the Oh We Should Conserve Energy! person, but I didn't have time for that.

Me: No time?

SH: I was busy. I swept the basement and cleaned the dehumidifier and cleaned the cat box.

Me: So basically, saving energy is something other people should do.

SH: Yes.

Me: You tell them what the right thing is to do and they do it, but you don't have to do it yourself.

SH: That's right. I'm busy.

No comments: