Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 362: Art of the Nag #53 or he was an engineering major, y'all


SH: You're nagging.

Me: No I'm not. I'm just asking you to do something.

SH: Nagging.

Me: Let's make a deal. Why don't I make a list of all the things I would like you to do this summer while you're on sabbatical. You tell me which things you will do. Then just do them by the end of summer. I won't say another word.

SH: OK.

Me: So how about setting up the auto contribution to your IRA? That's been on the list since we moved into the house.

SH: That takes time.

Me: I know. Because it's really hard to divide $5,000 by 12 and then pick three funds.

SH: The problem is that 12 doesn't go into $5,000 evenly.

2 comments:

Fijufic said...

Ha! I hope you take care of the IRA yesterday...

TosaGuy said...

That is why the Roth should be $6000 a year.