Thursday, June 30, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 390: Items appear bigger, or, right before he was arrested


Me: You're going to Target?

SH: Yes.

Me: I love this bra. But the elastic is going. When you're at the store, would you look and - wait. That won't work.

SH: What won't work?

Me: I was going to ask you to take photos of the bras so I can decide if I want to go to the store, but then I realized that it might not be a good idea for you to stand there and take photos of the lingerie.

Later the same day.


SH [on phone]: Check your email. I just sent you something.

Me: OK. Oh. There it is. [Not really - there was five minutes of phone calls and test emails as SH tried to get his smartypants phone, his new gmail address and my email to work together.]

Me: You sent me a photo of bras!

SH: I'm at Target. Which ones do you like?

Me: They're not on sale.

SH: The polka dot one is.

Me: Get it.

SH: OK.

Me: Are there any underpants that match?

SH: What? I have to look for underpants now?

Me: The bin should be right there.

SH: Here it is. And yes, there is a pair. Size medium.

Me: Get them.

SH: And one extra small.

Me: Oh yeah that's not an option.