Monday, June 06, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 667: Bad gold-digger

Me: That boyfriend from [Belgium in this story, Amsterdam in the link below when I was trying to be more discreet] found me on LinkedIn the other day.

SH: Oh?

Me: The first thing he did was try to get me to hire someone he knew.

SH: Why?

Me: He thought I could do him some good, but it's been over five years since I was laid off, plus I am not necessarily in the mood to do him any favors when it seems like the only thing he wants from me is a job. Then, when I told him I had gotten married, he told me congratulations on achieving my "master plan."

SH: Your master plan?

Me: Yeah! Like I had always wanted nothing more than to be married and not work! If that's all I'd wanted, why didn't I marry him? He had a lot more money than you do!

SH: Are you saying he is calling you a gold digger but that you are not a very good gold digger?

Me: Yes. If I were a good gold digger, I never would have married you. You're not rich.

SH: That's because you're not doing it right.

No comments: