Sunday, July 03, 2011

Marriage 301, Lecture 528: Because we live in a museum


SH: Look at these cool retro coasters I got at the Pabst Brewery tour!

Me: Those are great. And they're paper! They'll absorb water!

SH: Uh huh.

Me: No! Do you know how long I have been looking for coasters that don't repel water? What is the point of a coaster that sheds the water onto the table? These are perfect.

SH: We're not going to USE these!

Me: Why not?

SH: They're not for USING!

Me: What are they for, then?

SH: To keep. Pristine.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I know! WHY do so many coasters just let the water sit atop them and then eventually roll off onto the table the coasters were ostensibly protecting?

Class factotum said...

Joy, I am glad to know that I am not the only one who wonders about the poor design of coasters. Are we asking too much? Maybe we should design our own coasters that actually protect furniture and get rich.