Monday, August 08, 2011

Apple/tree


After meeting my mom, my aunt and my sister, my former boyfriend, John, said, "It's not just that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. That tree placed the apple exactly where it wanted it to be."

SH is coming up with his own theories about me and my mom after spending a few days with her. Now he knows that I cannot escape my destiny. I am who I am because I have no choice. I look at my mom and I see what I will be in 20 years: the desire to get in shape for a class reunion never goes away. Or at least it does not go away before the 50 year reunion.

SH notes that I come by my avoid the sun, go to bed early, and talk about my dreams crazy honest. "Your mom is paranoid about the sun," he said. "She has to go to bed early. And yesterday morning, the first thing she said to me was that she had had a strange dream. Then she started telling me about it."

But SH and my mom are both stuff that goes into the recycling rinsers, AKA water wasters.

No comments: