Thursday, September 29, 2011

Marriage 401, Lecture 672: Sock it to me


What I put on facebook:

I found some emails from when SH and I were dating. How quickly we go from "I long to be by your side" to "Did you wash my socks?


What SH had to say:

SH: I never complain to you about my socks!

Me: That's not a complaint, that's asking.

SH: But I don't!

Me: You do so. You ask where your socks are and accuse me of hiding them when more than once, they have been right there in the drawer and you just didn't look.

SH: But you don't do it right. Sometimes, you wash just one sock and the other one is missing.

Me: It shows up in the end.

SH: When I wash socks, I check them at every step in the process to make sure that each sock has a mate. I check when I put them in the washer, when I take them out of the washer, and when I take them out of the dryer.

Me: Fine. If you want to be in charge of washing your socks so it can be done properly, that's OK with me.

No comments: